Your home is the family sanctuary, so it is essential to have a quiet and pleasant place. This is not always possible when unwelcome insects, such as flies, appear in the house. Besides being inconvenient, they can contaminate food and bring diseases.
Have you noticed that in bathrooms, kitchens, and other spaces annoying flies have appeared and that the problem is aggravated in the warmer months such as spring and/or summer? Do you consider that it is a problem for you and a real headache to get rid of flies?
Then become a real fly exterminator with all our tips and tricks, here are some ways to keep flies away from your home:
What Attracts Flies?
Flies are attracted to food leftovers and garbage in general. Therefore, it is essential that the garbage cans are always sealed. In addition, bran or the accumulation of peels and other organic waste on the kitchen counter are also points of attraction. Do not leave food exposed, uncovered, or overripe fruits and vegetables in the fruit bowl, as they may attract flies.
Natural Options to Get Rid of Flies
Don’t know what to do to prevent flies from appearing in your kitchen or disturbing everyone’s rest? Then check out these natural options that you can put into practice very easily.
How to Get Rid of Flies With Vinegar
- In half a liter of water, add half a bottle of white vinegar
- Perform ordinary household cleaning
- Wipe the kitchen tables, floor, and countertops with a damp cloth and vinegar mixture.
How to Get Rid of Flies With Lemon and Clove
- Separate a lemon and a package of cloves
- Cut the lemon in half
- Stick the cloves into each half
- Leave it in the kitchen to keep the flies away.
How to Get Rid of Flies With Rue, Water, and Alcohol
- Put 33 oz of water in the blender
- Add 1 cup of alcohol
- Add dried rue leaves
- Beat the mixture and strain
- Leave it in a spray bottle and sprinkle it around the house in the early evening.
How to Get Rid of Flies With Onions
- Slice an onion
- Leave it on the windowsill
- The strong smell of the onion keeps the flies away.
How to Get Rid of Flies With Basil
- In a vase, put a good amount of water
- Crush basil leaves in this container
- Leave it in the place where the flies stay the most.
How to Get Rid of Flies With Mint and Rosemary
- Grow a small kitchen garden with a pot of mint and/or rosemary
- The strong smell of these herbs keeps invaders away.
How to Get Rid of Flies With Coffee
- Put spoonfuls of coffee powder in a bowl
- With a lighter, burn the powder
- The smoke generated will scare the flies away.
How to Get Rid of Flies With a PET Bottle
- Cut a PET bottle in half and paint it black;
- Boil a glass of water and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar;
- Wait for the mixture to cool and add 1 g of biological yeast;
- Place everything in the PET bottle and hang;
- Remember to change the container every 3 months.
With these simple tricks that cost very little, you can keep the kitchen and other rooms in the house free from flies. So choose the methods you prefer and put them into action today.
How to Keep Flies Away
In addition to natural care to scare flies away from your home, it’s also important to take care of the environment itself. So check out these tips to keep flies out of your home.
Keep the pots always sealed: the smell of food attracts flies, so keeping the food sealed prevents the appearance of insects in general.
Don’t accumulate dirty dishes: leftover food in dishes and pots attracts flies, so it is essential to do your best to prevent dishes from accumulating for many hours.
Change dishcloths and sponges regularly: keep the cloths and sponges always dry and preserved, since the humidity in these items helps the proliferation of bacteria, fungi, and fly eggs.
Remove garbage daily: decomposing material attracts invaders, so it is important to avoid the accumulation of garbage at home.
Separate organic and recyclable garbage: leave food scraps away from home and separate garbage cans only for dry garbage destined for selective collection. Remember to wash recyclable packaging.
Remember that the elimination of these and other insects and pests are essential for both your and your family’s health. Elimination starts with prevention, but if you do it right, it’s easier to control even if one or two of these pets appear.